Saturday 7 March 2015

Help Stacie Cycle No.1

So my very first attempt at keeping a blog, so apologies in advanced, be kind! Here goes...
My name is Stacie and I live in Leeds, UK, and I have made the brave be it crazy decision to participate in a challenge for charity. Awesome I know, as we all know how important fund raisers are to so many charities around the world and I would love to help every single one of them, maybe I will  one day but for now I'm starting personal. I am raising money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, in memory of my amazing Auntie Tracey, she was one of the bravest woman I know and loved by so many. She was taken by the most common grim reaper in the UK, Cancer. Breast and ovarian to be exact, and the money I raise will be to help other Aunties along with mothers, grandmothers, sisters, friends and anyone else unfortunate to have this be a part of their life.
Now the challenging part, my event I've signed up for is The North Challenge Cancer Cycle, cycling from Leeds across the Pennines to Manchester, 62 miles to be exact, and in the spirit of raising more money and challenge myself further I've decided to do it back to back. So get to Manchester, awesome...you're half way there, time to cycle back *gasp* I know tired just thinking about it, 62 miles wasn't good enough for me so settled for 124miles instead.
Now in order or maximise fundraising potential I've created a virgin money giving page:
Http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/helpstaciecycle
I'm rallying all my friends and family to help, because they're amazing. But the point of the blog is motivation for myself, in order to do such a extravagant challenge you need to train hard. Now I've been out the game a few years and I'm struggling it get back into it. Joined the gym...check, got myself a personal trainer Danielle to kick my arse into gear each week, pushing me harder than anyone has before...check, but I need the same energy all the time so I thought it would be a good idea to post a blog and write about my journey from couch potato to Victoria Pendleton, somewhere to track my process publicly. So here it is. Somewhere I can maybe inspire others to follow suit, to raise awareness for my cause, to get support when I need it and to do something I've never done before. I hope you guys enjoy reading about journey so far. Until next time 😉🚲 #helpstaciecycle

No comments:

Post a Comment